- In Memory of David Gibbs
- AVS Brings Fresh Perspective to Breeder's Cup
- AVS Serving up RF at the 2012 US Open
- ABC, RNC and DNC all look to AVS for wireless services at the upcoming conventions
- AVS Used Toshiba Imaging’s IK-HR1S Hi-Def Camera to Capture Nik Wallenda’s Historic Tightrope Walk over Niagara Falls
- AVS goes along for the ride at Disney California Adventure's media day
- Wireless Systems Front and Center for Super Bowl
- AVS – Rockin’ New Year’s Eve 2011
- LINK Research Digital Pre-Distortion (LDPD) tees off at the Open Golf Championship at Royal St Georges
|LINK Research Digital Pre-Distortion (LDPD) tees off at the Open Golf Championship at Royal St Georges|
|Friday, 07 October 2011 09:49|
At this year’s Open Golf Championship LINK Research’s latest wireless camera RF module, incorporating real time pre-distortion which offers unrivalled adjacent channel performance and the ultimate in clean RF spectrum, was used for the first time by Aerial Video systems (AVS).
For such a large broadcast event frequency spectrum allocation can be limited. To alleviate this situation AVS utilized LINK’s field changeable L1500 RF modules to provide flexible operation over the 1.4GHz and 2GHz bands. Even with this flexibility, when multiple wireless cameras are in operation adjacent RF channel operation becomes unavoidable. Despite this, AVS combined its operational knowledge with the superior adjacent channel performance of LINK’s pre-distortion RF module (L1510-1927PD) and L2174 receiver to give HD coverage of the entire 18 hole course with just four receive sites and six ground based camera transmitters operating at 100mW. This set up proved that large areas such as these can be covered effectively and reliable with a minimum amount of receive points when combined with the LDPD technology. A separate dedicated receive site was used with 20MHz LMS-T to provide outstanding aerial views of the actions.
The championship itself was a thrilling event played in atrocious conditions.This year marks the seventh year AVS have been on site to provide RF services. At the end of four blustery days, Darren Clarke fulfilled his lifetime sporting dream with a three-shot victory becoming the first UK winner since 1999.
To find our more about the NEW LINK Pre-Distortion (LDPD) click here
To Contact AVS click here